[THIN] Re: Help with a VBScript

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:17:36 +1000

Hi,

And of course the kix command
"setconsole("hide")"
doesn't work?

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Volante Systems
18 Heussler Terrace, Milton 4064
Queensland Australia
tel +61 7 32467704

-----Original Message-----
From: Braebaum, Neil [mailto:neil.braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 21 October 2002 11:55 PM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: Help with a VBScript

I think I understand your comment about the command interpreter, but as =
you mentioned - you can do much the same with Kix, merely that you need to =
pass things as variables - are you saying this would not be possible using =
Kix (and the constraints of the app)?

If you want help with vbscript (I'm not convinced it's actually = required
here - but whatever) I'll help you with it, but you'll have to give me =
some clue as to what you are having difficulty with.

I don't believe in just writing whole scripts for people, here (it's = one
of the things I get paid to do, here (as in where I work ;-)), though - as =
I don't believe it truly helps people,  - but I'll gladly help *you* = write
it, if you're determined it must be vbscript.

Neil

problem.

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named=20
recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged. If they have
come to you in error you must take no action based=20 on them, nor must you
copy or disclose them or any part of=20 their contents to any person or
organisation; please notify the=20 sender immediately and delete this e-mail
and its attachments from=20 your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure=20 and
may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that=20 you understand
and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us=20 and we will not
accept any liability for any such changes,=20 interceptions or
corruptions.=20

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its=20
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping=20 with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they=20 are actually virus
free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs=20 to
Littlewoods.=20

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,=20
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains=20
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to=20
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.=20 Statements and
opinions contained in this e-mail may not=20 necessarily represent those of
Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:=20
Littlewoods Retail Limited,=20
Sir John Moores Building,=20
100 Old Hall Street,=20
Liverpool,
L70 1AB=20
Registered no: 421258=20

http://www.littlewoods.com=20

This email may be confidential and/or privileged. Only the intended
recipient may access or use it. Any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by return email and
then erase the email.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses
or similar in any attachment or message...,..,..,.