[THIN] Help - Printing a file to a users default printer.

  • From: "Tastet, Arthur" <ARTHUR.TASTET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:05:44 -0400

I must have forgotton something simple.  I did not think it would be this
difficult.  We are running XPe w/SP2 & FR1 on TSE 4.0 SP6.  We are using ICA
client 6.30.1050.   We publish out the applications not a full desktop.  I
am having the users autocreate their default printers when they login with
through the network or internet (nfuse 1.7/CSG).  I am trying to write a
script that the user can run and  send a file automatically to their default
printer.  I have tried several different ways to send the file to the
printer they all seem to be having problems finding the default printer.  I
have tried:

1) copy <file> lpt2
2) using winprint.exe utility.  It gives an error no default printer
assigned
3) using printfile spooler utility.  Gives a dr. watson error.

They all seem to work from a full desktop, but if you publish the script out
as an application they start giving errors.  I tested a windows application
and printing works fine with them.  Does anybody have any ideas what I might
be doing wrong?  Has anybody done this before?

Thanks,
Arthur Tastet
Moses Cone Health System
arthur.tastet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx