[THIN] Re: Help: Installation of MetaframeXP fails

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:33:02 -0600

Having been through this with similar issues, these are the things that I ran
into that caused the issue you are seeing.

1.  The Spooler Serivce must be started.
2.  You must install from the Console Session (not RDP session)
3.  Set TEMP and TMP to point to %SystemRoot%\TEMP.  I did this for both the
system and the user account I was using to install.
4.  Make sure that the account used to install with have rights to the
%systemroot%\TEMP folder.  On my systems, by default, there weren't enough
rights, even for Administrators, to this folder.

Once I fixed all these things, my installs went smooth.

Hope this helps...

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you have
received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system.
Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to
any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.