[THIN] Having Clients Connet to their Zone only and Fail over to secondZone ??

  • From: "Shane A Broomhall (Aus)" <shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 02 Nov 2002 11:53:52 +1000

Hi All,

I have been asked if the following is possible and how to acheive it.

I have a client who has some servers in Brisbane and one in Sydney.  The
client wants the clients who connect to the server in Sydney to only use
the resources of that server, it is the only one in the zone, and if it
it not available to then have the clients connect to the Brisbane Server
farm and run their applications from there ( with no user
intervention).  They have been told that this is possible, and beleive
it has something to do with the application description when publishing
the applicaitons.

Any help or guideance on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
--

Shane A Broomhall

shanebroomhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx