[THIN] Re: Hardware - Blades, SAN?

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:56:08 +0100

On the blades issue, can anyone explain why teh Dell blades are so slow?
My standard method of pricing stuff up for gueestimate/budget pricing is
to go to Dell's web-site, do the maths, and add 20%. As far as I can
see, the fastest Dell Blade is a P3 1.4Ghz. Am I being stupid or is it
just that Dell is behind the curve? Why would anyone buy a P3 1.4 Ghz
server today?

Nick

  _____