[THIN] Re: HP software removal

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 08:31:56 -0400

Just as a follow-up, I have had this happen more times but with Dell, and
Now a NeatMobile scanner.  It seems that somewhere a trace remains of the
previous scanning software and it always defaults to the first in the list
alphabetically.

No matter how much Uninstall I do, somewhere there is a reference to the
previous scanner.  Is there somewhere that the TWAIN has a list of scanners
that I could clear out?

When i have trouble with this, its always a case of the removed scanner
coming in the list alphabetically before the scanner being used, IE Dell
before Epson or HP before Xerox.  If I could even find a way to rename the
scanner so that is was first in the list alphabetically that might help.

Unfortunately giving the user a New Windows profile is not really an option
in most cases as these are not our PC's.