[THIN] HP Blade Servers - BL vs. DL series

  • From: "Schaefer, Jay" <JSchaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:33:36 -0400

For those of you using blade servers (preferably HP).....

I'm adding a couple hundred more users to our farm.  Currently I'm using
DL380 G3 servers which work very well but would like to cut down on the
number of power circuits and switch box cables needed.  I'm looking at the
BL20p HP blades and wondering if anyone has any success/horror stories they
wish to share with me.

Thanks again for your time,

Jay Schaefer
Winnebago County

This Week's Sponsor - NetX Inc.
NOT all of your data resides at the server, can you backup and restore every PC
in your company including remote systems ? FlexSafe protects your
organization's data with client backup and recovery. Snapshots take just a few
minutes, even for notebook users who connect through a dial-up modem.
http://www.netxinc.com/product_flexsafe.asp