[THIN] Re: Groupwise pop up - fix !

  • From: "Stephen Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:18:07 -0800

Jeff,

Sounds like this would do it- thanks!

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
(602) 432-8649
(602) 296-0411 fax
steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of jeff.o'connor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 5:06 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Groupwise pop up - fix !

Stephen,

I believe the answer to your Groupwise issues is with WMS, and everyone on
the list seems to recognise that as being your issue. However I haven't
seen anyone list the actual fix. From my experiences it is a pretty basic
fix.

In the application compatibility scripts section, there is a file called
wmsgusr.cmd. And within it contains the fix.

If Exist "%RootDrive%\Windows\Forms" Goto Skip1
If Not Exist "%SystemRoot%\Forms" Goto Skip1
Xcopy "%SystemRoot%\Forms" "%RootDrive%\Windows\Forms" /e /i >Nul: 2>&1
:Skip1

What this does is copy the \WINNT\Forms Directory and all sub directories
to the users own \Windows\Forms folder in their profile. I generally just
add those lines above into my usrlogon.cmd and ensure it is running prior
to users logging into the system. If a user logs in prior to this fix being
implemented and have seen the pop-up error, chances are they will have
created a FORMS folder, and it only has one file in it. Either manually
copy over the \WINNT\Forms folder to these users or delete their Profile,
and they should be fixed upon next login.

You can either manually implement this fix - or use the app compat script,
its up to you.

Microsoft have this listed on their website as an issue (Article : 209928),
but they only suggest restarting the MAPI application, which ends up in you
getting the same pop-up error message again.

Good luck & hope this puts the issue to rest.

Jeff O'Connor
Technical Consultant - Enterprise Systems
Managed Environments
Dimension Data Australia
m: +61 (0)419 812 685
w: +61 2 8249 5000