[THIN] Re: Groupwise 5.5 taking 98% processor

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:05:39 -0500

Thanks for all the replys...

I looked at all of the links posted, and the ThreadMaster
(http://threadmaster.tripod.com/) seems to be what I am looking for
"at a glance"..and it's Freeware.  I will need to test it of course.
Some of the other tools are simply not worth the licensing when I would
really only be using the features that limit processor run-away.  I'll
post again once I figure out whether this product works.

Guido - As I posted in the first email, it is the Grpwise.exe process
that is consuming all of the processor time.  True it seems that this
problem only occurs when messing with attachments, but something in the
Grpwise.exe process is faulting to make this occur.  I would assume that
it is a multiuser incompatibility bug, since I have all of my users on
Win2k workstations with a configuration that is very close.  This
problem has never once happened on a non-Citrix client.

I looked at the PowerFuse, and it looks pretty interesting.

Regards,
Paul

>>> G.Meulendijks@xxxxxx 02/18/03 05:31AM >>>

Paul,
To your question about the CPU on your GroupWise CPU load, it is not
really the GroupWise exe. That is causing the problem but the nested
evoked application associated with the attachment that the user opens.
Limit or controls on the GroupWise exe will not solve your problem
cause
you don't know what app is launched by the mail client (as it seems by
what you wrote). Migrating to 6.0 most likely will not fix your
problem.

To control CPU load on any app or process, PowerFuse can control,
manage, report and actively send a message or perform a event on the
occasion a process tries to eat all cpu from your server. The product
has been around since 1997 and is very stable.

You can check it out on www.respowerfuse.com and download a free
trial.
Any questions just let me know.

Best regards,