[THIN] Groupwise 5.2 Hangs

  • From: "Mike Batters" <mike.batters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:15:28 +0100

Dear all,

I am not sure how many people are running GroupWise 5.2 out there but I hope
someone can help.  We have a couple of implementations of GroupWise 5.x on
Win2K SP2, MF XPa FR2 with the following problem.

User logs in on a PC GroupWise works fine.

Same user logs in on a WinCE based Thin-Client terminal (tested on different
brands all the same result) and when the user tries to do anything related
to creating an e-mail GroupWise hangs instantly (after drawing the new
e-mail box) and starts to use memory at an alarming rate.

Up until now the problem has only affected WinCE terminals therefore we
switched to using Linux based terminals and everything was fine.  Now the
same problem has occurred on a Windows 2000 Pro PC (SP2) with 6.30.1050
version of the ICA client.

It must be something that is running on the client machine (or not in these
cases).

All help most appreciated with this,

Regards,

Mike