[THIN] Group policy

  • From: "Rob Ellis" <rob.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:07:26 +0100

We currently have 2 metaframe XP servers, they sit in their own OU, with
no specific policy applied.
We give our users a full desktop, which they access through Nfuse & CSG.
The user accounts sit in a 'Normal Users' OU, to which a GPO has been
applied to lock down various settings so that they don't break the
Citrix servers, etc.

In addition, we have a load of laptops in their own OU, which has a GPO
applied.  We have used loopback processing so that both the machine and
the user parts of this policy apply, overriding the 'Normal Users' OU
policy.  This is because laptop users also log into Citrix.

We are about ready to install a 3rd metaframe box, and I'm thinking
about reworking the GPOs.

How do people out there do GPOs in an environment like this?

Regards,

Rob Ellis
Network Manager
Profectus IT
Tel 023 9224 7979
Mob 07974 111867

This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/