[THIN] Re: Group policies created on the TS do not stay after reboot

  • From: "Keith Sirmons" <KSirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 14:43:32 -0600

Does anyone have a clue why my policies are being deleted when the
server reboots?
Thanks for any help,
Keith

Keith Sirmons
Computer and Network Support
College of Veterinary Medicine

>>> KSirmons@xxxxxxxxxxxx 03/30/05 7:54 AM >>>

I login as administrator, open gpedit.msc and browse to computer
configuration\administrative templates\windows components\terminal
services.If it set a policy to remove the windows security from start
menu, it works for all new users that login.  But if I reboot the
server, the policy is lost and the state changes back to not configured.
This happens for any policy I change, not just the security button. I am
not using a domain controller with the system because we are a Novell
shop and all users are authenticated through NDS.   Thank you,KeithKeith