[THIN] Graphics Tool

  • From: Phil Smith <psmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:40:06 -0500

I posted a while ago about a PSP6 not working well in Citrix after talking
to Jasc today they say that they don't support nor recommend PSP8 (newest
version) in Citrix although they know some clients run it that way.

We are moving from a PC based network to a Citrix thin client network.  They
have been using PSP on the workstations but due to the fact that PSP6 must
write to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT this won't work on a restricted Citrix box.

The users need the ability to modify .jpg and .wmf files.  They are not
graphic artist but customer service people so anything major (Photoshop) is
not possible.

I installed the Gimp on a test box but this is way too advanced for them to
even know what to do with this software.  I looked at MS Draw but that is
not a possibility.

Anyone using a image editing tool that they would recommend for basic skill
level users needing to modify .jpg and .wmf files?

Thanks
Phil Smith
This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.