[THIN] Re: Goldmine 6.5 on Terminal Server 2003/ PS 4.0

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:14:10 -0500

I'm curious, what is everyone using their VPN solutons for, or
evaluating VPN solutions for?  If you're already hitting Citrix via CSH,
are you wanting VPN just for another layer of encryption, or are you
trying to offer a different level of remote access?

I have dual CAGs (running failover) and I only use the CSG features of
it currently.  I have a VPN Concentrator 3005 which I could SSL VPN on,
and I have PIX firewalls I can do traditional VPN on, but we really have
very little need for VPN, especially since we deployed Citrix.

If you ask why did we get the CAGs?  Well, I was't involved in that
decision, but probably for the potential VPN use and future features.
It's also one headache you don't have to worry about.  A hardened linux
kernel on an appliance is much less worrisome then software running on a
windows box.