[THIN] Re: Ghosting Citrix for Disaster Recovery

  • From: jgates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:12:20 -0500

If you're remapping your drives make sure to run the FDSP switch when you
restore from ghost.

Thanks,

Jobe

Lee.Prior@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/07/2005 06:27 AM
Please respond to thin

        To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [THIN] Ghosting Citrix for Disaster Recovery

Hi all,

I'm running a small farm running Citrix XP FR3, SP3 on Windows 2003
Advanced Server.  I want to ghost the system partition of each server in
case of disaster recovery, server crashes, system restores.

Does anyone know of any issues with this? FYI, I'm not intending to use
the image to build new servers, so sysprep etc isn't needed, just want
to blast each server with it's own image in case of major OS failure /
virus attack etc etc..

Thanks in advance,

Lee
http://www.seamlessplanet.com