[THIN] Re: Ghost MPS 3.0?

  • From: jgates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:13:35 -0500

Bob,

Have you had any performance problems?  The Advanced Concepts Guide states
that you may if you don't uninstall it.  Just curious........

Thanks,

Jobe

"Robert Barrett" <RobertB@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/10/2004 11:25 AM
Please respond to thin

        To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [THIN] Re: Ghost MPS 3.0?

Sorry, thought about that after I sent it.  We use a SQL back end for the
datastore and we really did not do anything special.  Attached the first
server to the datastore in SQL and ran sysprep.  Used Imagecast to upload
the image to our image server (nas box) and then just fired it down to the
other 15 servers.  We even had a server crash on us afterward (hardware
issue not image related) and we imaged that one again fine.  Sorry I can't
be of more help but we really did not run into any problems.

Bob Barrett
FVSD#52