[THIN] Re: Ghost

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 08:45:50 -0700

Well, one thing you did mention, but it was out of order.  BEFORE you
create the Ghost image, and you are planning on applying this image to
another server with different hardware (especially with a different mass
storage controller), you will need to install the driver using the
ADD/REMOVE HARDWARE wizard.  If not, and Windows doesn't have a driver
for the different mass storage device, you will get the infamous STOP
0X7B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error upon startup.  You could also get
INVALID BOOT DEVICE as a message.

Chris