[THIN] Generic Accounts

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:23:08 -0600

I wanted to see if anyone else is doing something like this and if
they've seen any issues.  I have some generic devices, actually bedside
monitors, that have a Citrix client built into them.  The way this
client is I can either give them a published desktop or a specific
application to run.  The nurses want access to more than one application
so I need to give them a desktop.

What I am looking at is using the same username on every device and
giving them a locked down desktop on one Metaframe Xpe server.  From
there the desktop will have 3 application published to them via Citrix.
Will I see any issues with all of these devices using the same active
directory account?  Or any other issues?

Thanks,

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.