[THIN] Re: General Question

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:09:45 -0400

There are some other cool ways to publish applications and do stull LIKE Citrix just with TS without using Citrix that are reasonably priced.

Of course Ron Oglesby has a free way described on his site at http://ron.oglesby.com/RDPweb.doc
This is basically a poor mans WI using TS 2003.

I like what Claudio Rodriques is doing over at http://www.terminal-services.net with his WTSPortal product.
And at $350 per server you can't beat the price.

Tarantella is OK but even still at $50 per user that is a bit cost prohibitive for a small shop. http://www.tarantella.com/ts

Another product I like is Emergent Online Appportal. A bit more expensive at $995 per server but it lets you publish apps in an outlook style file menu. Still beats Tarantella's Price.
http://www.99point9.com/public/products/product.asp?ProdID=EOLAPP

There is also Jethro Cockpit http://www.jp-inc.com/products/cockpit.asp
I am unsure of pricing here though.

Finally I think someone did already mentioned RES Powerfuse Deployment Management Solution. I do not know the price but it is at:
http://www.respowerfuse.com/

The best thing about almost all these products is that they all over a free demo or download and you should check each one of them out.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net