[THIN] GPOs and 32bit IE in x64 box

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:30:13 +0200

Server 2008 x64. I have a combination of GPOs from above (no control) and
local policies. the x64 bit version of IE8 can browse websites just fine but
the 32bit verision of IE gives me the pop up "your security setting do not
allow websites to use activeX controls installed on your computer because
your system administrator is a dork"

from rsop - user\admin templates\windows components\IE\ICP\Security
Page\Advanced
download signed activex controls - enabled, enable
download unsigned activex controls - enabled, enable
java permissions - enabled, low safety
run activex controls and plugins - enabled, enable
scripting of java applets - enabled, enable
submit non-encrypted form data - enabled, enable
turn on protected mode - enabled, disable

any thoughts or ideas?