[THIN] Re: GPO spyware and unwanted Programs from IE

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:56:14 -0000

I've not known ActiveX to not require adding stuff to HKCR as well as
some system folders, so as long as users aren't running with elevated
rights and the server's local drives aren't unprotected then ActiveX
shouldn't be a problem.

Having to make it work, especially with mandatory profiles can be more
of a challenge! ;-)

Neil

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods. Please note that
e-mail communications may be monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods
Limited and it's subsidiaries is 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB.

www.blackspider.com
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
for Microsoft Terminal Services
http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?sh2&lc=1