[THIN] GPO Logon Script / Windows Server 2008 R2

  • From: Chad King <caking76@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:03:55 -0400

I am currently working building a Windows Server 2008 R2 / Xenapp 6.0
environment.

While working with the GPO's I'm having issues with the logon script running
for Domain Users.

- If I logon as an Admin (Local Server Administrator, or Domain Admin) the
logon script runs fine

- If I log on with the same account but remove them from local
Administrators the script does not run

- I can browse to the Netlogon share and double click the script using this
account (non-administrator) and it works as expected

- All other policies in the same GPO are being applied (locking down start
menu options, etc...)

- If I apply the same GPO to a 2003 Server the script runs fines, it is
limited to non administrators on Server 2008 only.

Has anyone ran into this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chad