[THIN] Re: GP to stop Windows Sounds

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:28:47 +1100

How about something like this?

Cheers,

Jeremy.

CLASS USER

CATEGORY "User Customisations"

                POLICY "Set User Startup Sounds"

                EXPLAIN "Sets the system startup sounds for a user.
Recommended to turn the sounds off by default to improve logon, but
still allows sounds for activities such as new mail arriving."

                KEYNAME
"AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemStart\.Current"

                PART "Current" EDITTEXT

                                VALUENAME ""

                                DEFAULT ""

                                EXPANDABLETEXT

                END PART

                PART "Default" EDITTEXT

                KEYNAME
"AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemStart\.Default"

                                VALUENAME ""

                                DEFAULT ""

                                EXPANDABLETEXT

                END PART

                END POLICY

                POLICY "Disable System Beeps and Sounds"

                KEYNAME "Control Panel\Sound"

                                PART "Disable Beep" CHECKBOX DEFCHECKED

                                VALUENAME "Beep"

                                VALUEON "no" DEFCHECKED