[THIN] GE Centricity on Citrix PS 4.5 and slowness (logoff)

  • From: "Kevin Phillips" <kmphilli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:17:34 -0400

Good morning,

I just started working for a health system that is pushing to move to Citrix.
One of the applications, GE Centricity seem to be causing some major issues.
First of all after install we start getting a ton of DCOM errors in the event
log.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID:       10016
Date:           4/17/2008
Time:           4:31:45 PM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Computer:       OMPCITRIXVM12
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20).  This security
permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Also our test servers with centricity installed seem to randomly start having
slow logoff issues (usually resolved by a reboot). Also Citrix access
management console has slowness during discovery. Sounds like a resource issue,
but nothing noticeable in perfmon/task manager/etc.

A couple things I have noticed in attempt to troubleshoot. The issue (normally,
not always) appears around the time of TSM server backup (I do not know why
they backup these servers). Also I have found that if I kill ccmexec.exe (SMS
2003 SP2 agent), the slowness is resolved.

So has anyone else had the joy of installing Centricity or seen similar issues
with Citrix/TSM/SMS? Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kevin

Kevin Phillips
Programmer/Analyst
UMHS-MCIT
Enterprise Device Engineering and Management
734.615.2390