[THIN] Re: Fwd: Rumor - Citrix Eyes Acquisition of Aurema

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:57:44 -0700

But would that be the Desktop Product or the Vmware product?

Joe

From: John Newell <johnhnewell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Feb 14, 2007 5:35 PM
Subject: RE: [THIN] Rumor - Citrix Eyes Acquisition of Aurema
To: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>

Jim, here's your answer.  Good hearing from you.

http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/news/news.asp?newsID=164291
<http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/news/news.asp?newsID=164291&ntref=hp_artic
le_headlines_US> &ntref=hp_article_headlines_US

johnhnewell@xxxxxxxxx

  _____

From: Douglas A. Brown < dbrown@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:dbrown@xxxxxxxxx> >
Date: Feb 13, 2007 3:31 AM
Subject: [THIN] Rumor - Citrix Eyes Acquisition of Aurema
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

guys, check this out:

Rumor - Citrix Eyes Acquisition of Aurema

The word on the street is that Citrix is about to announce the acquisition
of CPU tuning expects, Aurema.     Citrix and Aurema have a relationship
dating back to 2004 when Citrix licensed Aurema's workload management
technology.

The interesting part of this story is that Aurema is said to be going under
as it has been rumored they lost their biggest customer, IBM, recently.
This being said and because of the fact that Citrix licensed Aurema's
technology vs. owning it outright, Citrix needs to find a way to secure the
code or find another solution and fast.    I've also heard the Aurema
employees are out beating the streets for employment.  All this makes me
believe this rumor is true and Citrix will basically pick up Aurema for next
to nothing.

http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=3688

and it goes on....  this is a really interesting story.  I can't wait to see
what happens...  I could be wrong... that is for sure..  so what do you
think?

(sorry for the second email but I wanted to make sure the title was right)

--
Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services