[THIN] [Fwd: Re: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4]

  • From: "James Luhring" <citrix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:27:18 -0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Mark,
  The browser elections look at the Citrix version levels.  Just make sure
that the zdc is set as the most preferred and everything else in the zone
set to not preferred and you should be ok.  The dedicated zdcs should be
the first servers that should be upgraded as a rule.

Thanks,
Jim

> I recently ran into the issue with one of our partners upgrading their
domain controllers to SP4 and now their roaming profiles will not load
on our Citrix servers. We have discovered a fix by upgrading our Citrix
servers to SP4. Does the Citrix Data Collector browser elections take
into consideration the service pack level. I know it will always use the
highest Citrix version first but will the SP4 servers always be the data
collector? I have dedicated data collectors and need to know if I need
to upgrade them first.
> Mark
>

> Mark E. Schill, CCA
>
> BellSouth Technology Group
>

> 754 Peachtree Street
>
> Suite 1101
>
> Atlanta, GA 30308
>
> (404) 986-4604
>

> Email: Mark.Schill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Mark.Schill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Interactive Pager: mschill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:mschill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> *****
> "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary,
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from all computers."  113

> This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
> Emergent OnLine is the leading server-based computing consulting
integration firm in the nation. Emergent OnLine delivers expert