[THIN] Re: Fw: Symantec to Acquire Altiris

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:29:19 -0500

Oh boy... first Veritas and now this... remember when Symantec got Norton
Utilities... We just paid a whole lot to renew our Altiris support
contracts. I know when they got Veritas it was impossible to get an English
speaking person on the phone for any help. Very frustrating.

This is going to affect HP also cause they use the deployment solutions.  It
should be very interesting to see how this all plays out.
Jim

On 1/29/07, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Think of it this way.  It could be worse,  it could have be CA that
bought them.

On another note,  Enteo would be a better product for Citrix to buy.  As
for Microsoft,  there is an existing hate/hate relationship between MS and
Altiris.

Joe