[THIN] Funky self-highlighting text

  • From: "Raffensberger, Stephen D" <sraffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 10:33:26 -0400

Environment: W2K3, SP2 + PS4.0, HFRU4

I have dozens of applications published in a single farm. One of these
apps is a MSACCESS 2003 front end to a SQL 2000 database that manages &
documents loss prevention cases. In this one application, there is a
case notes editor where users document phone conversations, emails, etc.
with customers. While editing these notes, the screen flickers and then
all of the text in the editor becomes highlighted (just as if they had
typed a CTL-A). If they aren't looking, they often type over this
highlighted text and lose it.

This began happening about two weeks ago and is steadily becoming more
prevalent. I installed the app onto a second Citrix server and it does
the same thing. I have lots of other MSACCESS applications and none of
them do this. Other applications on the same server don't do this. No
other applications in the farm do this.

The application vendor blames Citrix.

Has anyone seen text become self-highlighted? Any ideas on how to stop
it?

Thanks,

Steve Raffensberger

Sovereign Bank

1125 Berkshire Boulevard

Wyomissing, PA 19610

email: sraffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unless you are the addressee  (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please
advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete or destroy the message. Thank you.