[THIN] Fun with Oracle

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:13:49 -0500

So i have two Windows 2003 x64 servers with XA 5 installed pointing to
Access.

I am trying to move them to Oracle.   Both of them have a working Oracle
client.  I can tnsping the db, and connect with SQL plus using the proper
credentials.

I am running chfarm and choosing the new farm option.

On one of the servers, Oracle isn't even an option.  Not sure why but it's
not in the drop down list.

so I tried the other server, Oracle is an option, but I get a "Database
connection canceled or failed" message.

I saw an article about Oracle not being able to handle the install location
of XA on 64 bit servers.  It chokes on the "Program Files (x86)" path.
Seriously?  that seems pretty out there.  Even for oracle.  It seems odd
that I will have to reinstall XenApp just to use Oracle.

Anyone else run into this or have any idea on it?

Thanks

Greg