[THIN] Re: Fun with Networking

  • From: raj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:15:42 +1000

I have evaluated that product it looks good
But is xpensive
Regards from,

Your Friendly IT Staff
:-))>>
Raj RossRakesh
Tell me and I forget.
Show me and I remember.
Involve me and I understand.
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
system manager
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."

                      "tore hansen"

                      <tore.hansen@ism.        To:       thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      no>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re: Fun with
Networking
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      17/08/2004 02:52

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Proxim.com have som good and stable poducts.
The Tsunami MP.11 -  Link to link - link to multipoint configuration.

http://www.proxim.com/about/pressroom/pressrelease/pr2004-06-17a.html

Tore H

Damian Hupfeld writes:

> Ouch.
> They are designed as a home office solution, but still... It is a rather
> large limitation!

Behalf
> Of Jan Broucinek
> Sent: Tuesday, 17 August 2004 12:11 AM
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Re: Fun with Networking
>
> I just ran into a HUGE problem with Linksys. Their routers will NOT allow
> class B subnet. They have a stupid drop-down box that stops at class C. I
> called their tech support and basically got a "Yup, it is designed for
small
> networks." I don't care what size network it is designed for. If I've
chosen
> to number my network on a 10.x.x.x or a 192.168.x.x and used a different
> octet in the 3rd position for several of my machines to differentiate
> departments, I'm screwed unless I renumber the machines into a class C.

Tore Hansen
ISManagement AS

tore.hansen@xxxxxx
WWW.ism.no