[THIN] Re: Fun with Networking

  • From: "Jan Broucinek" <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:11:07 -0400

I just ran into a HUGE problem with Linksys. Their routers will NOT
allow a class B subnet. They have a stupid drop-down box that stops at
class C. I called their tech support and basically got a "Yup, it is
designed for small networks." I don't care what size network it is
designed for. If I've chosen to number my network on a 10.x.x.x or a
192.168.x.x and used a different octet in the 3rd position for several
of my machines to differentiate departments, I'm screwed unless I
renumber the machines into a class C.