[THIN] Re: Full desktop for 900 users

  • From: "Bernd Harzog" <Bernd.Harzog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 06:38:49 -0500

John,

Are you assuming that you have TScale on those new boxes or not? Since
you use it on your existing farm, you should have a pretty good feel for
how many more users you are getting per server with TScale. If I recall,
the applications mix on your existing servers is pretty much exactly
what you plan on running on the new servers, so the results for your
existing farm should translate over to the new farm.

My short answer to your question is that with TScale you should get 33%
more users per server, which translates into 25% fewer servers.

Cheers,

Bernd Harzog
CEO
RTO Software