[THIN] From Wininfo Microsoft to Reissue Final Windows 2000 Update

  • From: "Jim Kenzig Kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:38:36 -0700 (PDT)

Like we didn't know that it messed up Citrix...

Microsoft to Reissue Final Windows 2000 Update
   Microsoft will release an updated version of Update Rollup 1 for
Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 (SP4), a consolidated software patch
that was supposed to be the last major update to Win2K. The new version
of Update Rollup 1 is required because the initial version included
"isolated" problems that have affected some Microsoft customers.
   "After the release of Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4, we
identified several issues that may occur when you install this update
rollup," a Microsoft support bulletin states. "These issues are
isolated, and affect few customers ... If you are affected by these
issues, we suggest that you do not install Update Rollup 1 for Windows
2000 SP4 until the corresponding hotfix is available. We plan to
reissue Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4 soon." Microsoft also
noted that the new version of Update Rollup 1 will include several new
hotfixes.
   According to Microsoft, the original version of Update Rollup 1
adversely affected certain applications from Citrix Systems, Internet
Security Systems (ISS), and Sophos. Even Microsoft Office is affected.
After installing Update Rollup 1, customers reported that Office
applications could no longer save data to floppy disks. You can learn
more about the update rollup and the problems Microsoft customers have
experienced by reading the Microsoft bulletin.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891861