[THIN] Friday Humor

  • From: "Rusty Yates" <ryates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:04:16 -0500

Here is a few things I found in Network Computing Magazine that I
thought were too funny:

Top 11 Signs you may be a redneck IT administrator:

11. Your spam filter accepts all content referencing the Civil War
10. The server-room door sign prohibits "vittles, tobaccy and 'shine"
9.  You tell your staffers not to feel constrained to using only 0s and
1s, " 'cause there's always a place for good ol' No. 2!"
8.  You're not surprised to discover your child process is also the
parent of your other child process
7.  You're reluctant to use the term "IP" outside the IT department
6.  The gap from your missing tooth is just right for stripping Cat 5
jackets
5.  When security asks to see your ID badge, you show your belt buckle
4.  Your fire-suppression plan involves beer
3.  You still have a daisy-wheel printer 'cuz of Daisy Duke
2.  You name all your servers with NASCAR numbers ...but the No. 3
server is forever retired (an old P-60)
1.  You find Bud Lite cans perfect for RF shielding

http://www.nwc.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=21400895

________________________________

> Binary: What you do at the store when you're broke.

> Cat 5: The name of your fifth tractor.

> Chip: Yer cousin's uncle's mother's boyfriend's name.

> Debugger: What you find in de handkerchief.

> Firewall: The side of yer house you use to test yer shotgun.

> Hacker: Uncle Leroy after 30 years of smoking.

> Internet: Where cafeteria workers put their hair.

 > Keyboard: Where you hang the keys to the John Deere.

> Megahertz: How yer head feels after 17 beers.

> Network: Scoop'n up a big fish before it breaks the line.

> Online: Where to walk when taking the sobriety test.

> Packet error: When you forget to put the jug in yer lunch pail.

> Plug-compatible: When two brands of chawin' tobacco mix good together.

> Serial port: A red wine that goes well with cornflakes.

> SCSI: What you call your week-old underwear.

http://www.nwc.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=21400895&pgno=2

________________________________

 Sure, anyone can slap a neon-colored, UV-enhanced liquid cooler inside
an overclocked Pentium and call it a Geeky Case Mod. But how many of
your friends can perform a mod with a pickaxe, 4-pound hand sledge,
chainsaw and police-issue Remington 12-gauge? Now that's some mighty
fine ventilation.

For complete instructions, see www.2cooltek.com/case001.html

http://www.nwc.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=21400895&pgno=3

Left Over Top 11 -