[THIN] Forcing "My Documents" to a shared network drive

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:35:36 -0500

With Win2k, Citrix XP and O2k.

1.  Open up regedt32
2.  select HK_users on local machine
3.  Load hive
4.  select Z:\documents and settings\default user\ntuser.dat
5.  Give it a key name
6.  Expand the key you just created
7.  Expand Software / Microsoft / Windows / Current Version / Explorer/ User
Shell Folders
8.  Change the My Picture and Personal entries to point to your location.
(Mine was \\servername\sharename\%username%)
9.  Unload the hive.

My config has default terminal server profile paths so I had to copy
ntuser.dat into the Terminal Server Profile path.  I made ntuser.dat into
ntuser.man.

The information contained in and transferred with this electronic message is
intended only for the recipient(s) designated above, it is protected by law
and it may contain information which is privileged and confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this message is unauthorized
and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify WESCO Distribution, Inc. immediately at 412-454-4800.  Thank you.