[THIN] Folder Redirection using True Control Templates

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:07:34 +1000

Hi

Ive implemented Login Consultants True Control Templates V2.004 (TCT) which are
working very well.  We currently redirect My Documents, Favorites, My Pictures
and Desktops which works fine.  We use MS Roaming profiles but I am looking at
removing this.  I cant see the need for roaming profiles if the relevant
folders in the profile are redirected to the users Home Drive (server share).
I am looking at going one step further and will redirect the following:

- Application Data
- Cookies
- Local Settings

Has anyone redirected any of the above and did they encounter any issues??
FYI, the Home Drive location that these are being redirected to are on the same
network as the citrix servers so performance should be OK.  We are not
redirecting across a WAN..  Once all these redirections are in place, I will
remove roaming profiles.  Can anyone see any issues with my approach?

Thanks
Ang

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT