[THIN] Folder Redirection for IE Favorites - can it be done??

  • From: "Dean Cunningham" <lestag@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:33:23 +1200

IIRC

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders
Favorites , change the path. Will still need to copy existing favorites.
Should be easy to script

See
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158787

Cheers
Dean

Msg: #27 in digest
From: "Rosemary Sarkis" <rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Folder Redirection for IE Favorites - can it be done??
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 15:26:02 +1000

My boss has asked I setup Folder redirection for Favorites.  We don't have
roaming profiles.  We use Windows 2003 server using AD (with Windows XP
desktops)..  I understand you can redirect

Application Data
Desktop
My Documents
Start Menu

using AD Group Policy.  Is there another way to redirect IE Favorites (or
copy them seamlessly- worst case) from their local PC to their Citrix server

profile?  I really don't want to enable roaming profiles..

Thanks
Rose
This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com