[THIN] Re: Floppy drive scans when user browses windows explorer or other file/open dialogue boxes

  • From: "Joe Grainger" <JAG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:15:06 +0000

Thanks for the suggestions Joe & AGreen.

Yes in the past, I have tried clearing the document history.  This did not fix
the issue.

Changing to the details view did not fix the issue.

Further testing suggests this is an OS specific issue.

Running tests on an XP SP2 PC, with program neighbourhood v9.150, no floppy
drive scans.

Browsing "My Computer" on a 9x client with v9.150 of program neighbourhood, the
floppy drive is scanned.

Both machines have identical local ICA client ini file settings.

Consequently, I feel the most appropriate answer seems to be to push forward
with acquiring thin clients, Neoware are visiting tomorrow!

Thanks for you help guys!

>>> agreen@xxxxxxx 25/01/2006 16:00:51 >>>

When you open explorer, does it show "details" view of your drives?

I had this problem before and changing the view to "list" fixed it.

Put in install mode when changing and it should set for all users.