[THIN] Re: Fileserver Performance on Windows 2003

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 07:35:30 +1000

Hi Sebastian,

Maxmpxct, maxworkitems and oplocks are a start. Run chkdsk /f against
your shares volumes (could have minor corruption which makes for major
slowness at times) and reboot. Make sure that your virus checker on the
file server is set for inbound files only. The last thing to try is
disabling hyperthreading on the file/print server.

We had some major performance problems (TS server hangs, slow file
copies etc) with a 2003 file/print cluster. Doing everything else
(above) helped a lot, but the problems didn't go away entirely until we
disbaled hyperthreading on the cluster nodes.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems