[THIN] File versions. Am I drunk or what...

  • From: Ruud Bransen <rb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:54:36 +0100

Some kind of KB-article pointed me to look at the version of Activeds.dll on
a Windows 2000 Terminal server. I looked and the version number was
5.0.2172.1

I should replace the file, according to the article, but I could not get
access because it was "in use". So after the users logged off from the
server, I made a mapping to de c drive on another server and browsed to the
file. Just to check I took a look at the properties and all of a sudden the
version appeared to be 5.0.2195.5312 (the one I needed).

Now, which one tells me the right version?

Some more issues on this: after renaming the file, it returns immediately
(auto recover?) and the version should have been installed with SP3 (but did
not??).

Can someone shed some light on this.

Regards,

Ruud Bransen