[THIN] Re: File associations

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:15:45 -0000

Well I think shadow keys were more useful than unsightly kludge - but
all the same - you're right, it's almost certainly best scripted.

FWIW, I never liked the abuse of install mode, by administrators on an
ad-hoc basis - I always thought it a poor way of doing things, promoted
lack of understanding, was to easy to do on an ad-hoc basis - so easily
missed as part of a build or commissioning. I guess in short, a bit too
quick and dirty, really.

If GPOs and templates can't be made to do the task, then scripting was
always the next best thing.

Neil