[THIN] Re: File Types in 2003

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:17:47 +1200

Actually, there are native command line tools that are provided for creating
file types and associating them with a particular extension. The commands
are ASSOC and FTYPE. FTYPE is used to create a file type. For example:

ftype excel.sheet.8="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE"
/e

 You then use ASSOC to associate the extension:

assoc .xls=Excel.Sheet.8

  Just one more way to skin the cat. :)

JD