[THIN] File Transfers and Terminal Services <update>

  • From: "David Hibbeln" <dhibbeln@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:40:28 -0400

Okay, Got my buddy who is a Leni Lenapi shaman to dance around the
server under a full moon, with jupiter in its house, I crossed my
fingers, etc=20
And I found the following...on microsfoft.com

Does anyone know if this will work with the RDP client in windows XP and
Terminal Services 2000? I been dancing so long, I don't have any energy
left.

<snip>
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/hotfixes/rdpc
lip-o.asp

File Copy is an extension to Terminal Services server that allows you to
copy and paste between server and client.

RdpClip allows you to copy and paste files between a terminal session
and client console session. Using RdpClip, you can:

Copy and paste multiple files and directories.=20
Copy and paste on Windows 32-bit or 16-bit clients.=20

File Copy is a tool that extends the Terminal Services cut, copy, and
paste capabilities. In Windows 2000, you can use Terminal Services to
cut and paste text and graphics between the client and server sessions.
Using File Copy, you are also able to use cut, copy, and paste to
transfer files and folders between the client and server sessions.

File Copy has both client and server components. These components make
use of the Terminal Services Virtual Channel architecture to provide
client and server integration.

There is no specific user interface for File Copy as it works through
the normal clipboard facilities. Once File Copy is installed on the
client and server, you can select a file or folder, and use the system
or application clipboard controls to copy or cut it (for example: CTRL+C
or selecting Edit then Cut). You can then move to the other system
(client if you were on the Terminal Services server or vice versa), and
again use the clipboard controls to paste the selection. The File Copy
facility uses the virtual channel to stream the selection to the
destination.

Files Required

Rdpclip.exe - The Terminal Services RDP protocol clipboard extension
facility. This replaces the RdpClip that is included with Windows 2000.=20
Fxfr.dll - Extends Terminal Services clipboard redirection through the
virtual channel to support large streams.=20
Rdpdr.dll - This file replaces the normal Terminal Services Rdpdr.dll,
which provides clipboard and file redirection. This version makes use of
Fxfr.dll.=20
Fxfr.ini - Server-side registry setup file.=20
Fxfrinst.bat - Install file.

<snip>

Regards,
David R. Hibbeln