[THIN] File Ownership

  • From: "Nail, Larry" <lnail@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Windows2000 (windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Thin (thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:28:17 -0600

I just found this on the Secadmin web site & considering that this topic
pops up frequently, I figured it might be appropriate to post:

http://www.secadministrator.com/articles/index.cfm?articleid=23663

Instead of Subinacl, you can use the freeware Setfile (setfile.exe) tool.
You can download Setfile from Peter Verhas's Web site at http://peter.verhas
.com. You can also use Setfile to change a file's creation time, last access
time, and modification time. This command sets the ownership of the file
ntgatekeeper.doc to user jandeclercq:
Setfile /owner=compaq\jandeclercq C:\mydata\ntgatekeeper.doc
Like Subinacl, Setfile can handle wildcards. If you want to apply the
ownership change to subfolders or to files within those subfolders, use the
/rec switch. This command sets the ownership to jandeclercq for all *.doc
files in the C:\mydata folder:
Setfile /owner=compaq\jandeclercq /rec C:\mydata\*.doc
Larry