[THIN] Feedback

  • From: "Claudio Rodrigues" <crodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:33:20 -0400

Hey guys,

I would like to ask you feedback in a couple products we are working on =
(tell me what you think about the concept, market chances etc):

- Citrix Desktop Replacement: we came up with a very small and tiny OS =
(now on the second release and this is where it gets MUCH better) =
completely integrated to Windows/Citrix environments. This means users =
see a logon screen where they type their username/password/domain (that =
can be preset to any domain you want) and after that, based on their =
credentials, they see all their published applications right on their =
desktop/start menu. All this with single sign-on. This means they can =
launch any of these apps without being asked for a Citrix login again. =
Add to that a centralized management tool where you can set backgrounds, =
remove/add items to the desktop/control panel etc, in a per user/group =
basis or as a global setting. Fits in 32MB what means you can install =
directly on any hard disk, 32MB or larger (sic) or simply remove the =
hard disk on the PC and install a Disk on Module with this OS loaded on =
it.

- Office Desktop: this is basically the same as above but it includes a =
Java based Office suite, with strong compatibility with Microsoft Office =
and fits in a 128MB Disk on Module. Once you plug the module on the user =
PC he gets a desktop with an Office compatible suite on it. No need for =
a local OS and/or local Office suite licenses.

- WTSProfiles: some asked for this so here we go. Basically FlexProfiles =
in a tool, with centralized management. Set all the options you want in =
the admin GUI and when the user logs in all the settings are applied. =
The hybrid profile solution but now in a tool.

So what do you think about these? My plans are to release the first two =
in a 2-3 week timeframe and the WTSProfile later on, probably before end =
of Q2/2004.

If you want to try any of these please just email me off list at =
Beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

Cl=E1udio Rodrigues

Microsoft MVP
Windows Technologies - Terminal Services
http://www.terminal-services.NET

Starting at $199!
http://www.neoware.com