[THIN] Re: Farm Upgrade

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:09:00 -0500

yep, had it a few times. only thing that worked for me was to:

install citrix creating a new farm. accept the defaults and just use access.
after reboot, do a chfarm. it will add to the farm but the IMA service won't start.
copy the mf20.dsn from a working server to the upgraded server. modify the dsn to reflect the correct system name.
start the IMA service.

Cathy Campbell wrote:
I upgraded 3 of the 4 servers in our farm from MPS 3.0 to 4.0. The 3 Windows 2003 servers upgraded without any problems. Our lone Windows 2000 server generated the following error during the upgrade:
"Error 26013. Function Initialize Tree2 returned failure in CTX_MF_IMA_Initialize Tree 2 the database username or password may be wrong" and the installation is terminated.
The citrix KB article CTX107977 stated that if we are using an Access database for the data store (which we are) to refer to article CTX108267 and register the file mstjes40.dll because it is needed by the Microsoft Jet Engine.
Have any of you experienced this problem and tried the resolution with success?