[THIN] Re: Farm Policy

  • From: "Beckett, William \(Bill\)" <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:15:50 -0500

Thank you sir. Just wanted to confirm

________________________________

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Philip.Walley@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:10 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Farm Policy

that's about it in a nutshell. even though the rules themselves
conflict, you are applying the policies differently. anyone who falls
out of the scope of number one will not get that setting thus getting
the applied setting of policy 2 to autocreate the printers.

"Beckett, William \(Bill\)" <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

11/29/2006 08:44 AM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[THIN] Farm Policy

I have a question on policies, not GPO's but Citrix policies within a
farm. I believe I know the answer but I just want to verify. Higher
ranked policies take precedence, 1 over 2, 2 over 3, etc. So if I have a
conflicting setting where one policy says to auto create printers and
the one above it says to NOT auto create printers, then auto created
printers won't happen. That much is pretty straight forward but what if
the policies are applied to differently? Say the 2nd ranked policy of
enabling autocreated printers is applied to all servers in the farm and
the higher ranked disabling of auto created printers is applied only to
a group of users....my assumption here is that all users outside of that
group will have auto created printers.

In other words -

Policy                  Priority                Applied to

No_auto_creation             1          Engineering_Group

Auto-Create_Printers         2          All Servers in farm

In the above scenario, even though the settings are conflicting, since
the higher ranked policy is only being applied to the engineering group,
all other will have auto created printers correct?