[THIN] Re: FYI Dell OpenManage and remapped drives

  • From: John Elstone <jelstoneuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:44:17 +0100 (BST)

its been two years since I have installed a Dell, guess they still aint sorted
that issue.

Best method to install the base o/s, remap the drives, then install Citrix.
Service Packs/Hotfixes/Openmanage go on after.

Never really found Openmanage much use tbh.

Matthew Shrewsbury <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FYI I just spend the at last two hours trying to get Dell OpenManage to work on
Dell 1750. Once I remapped the drives for the Citrix install it totally nuked
Dell OpenManage except for the array manager worked fine.

I phoned Dell and they walked me through all kinds of settings changes and
finally the best they could suggest is mapping a network C: drive back to
\\servername\M$ but when we tried that it still didn?t work. Finally ran an
OpenManage removal tool and it removed most of OpenManage but left registry
keys and a server still on the system. By the way don?t think about install
OpenManager after remapping drives because it won?t install without a C:\temp
directory.

My plan now is to rebuild server (installing now) and use DSet (Dset is
supposed to work on remapped drives) and array manager.

That?s my pain for the day?

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator