[THIN] FYI Dell OpenManage and remapped drives

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:53:51 -0400

FYI I just spend the at last two hours trying to get Dell OpenManage to
work on Dell 1750. Once I remapped the drives for the Citrix install it
totally nuked Dell OpenManage except for the array manager worked fine.

I phoned Dell and they walked me through all kinds of settings changes
and finally the best they could suggest is mapping a network C: drive
back to \\servername\M$ <file:///\\servername\M$>  but when we tried
that it still didn't work. Finally ran an OpenManage removal tool and it
removed most of OpenManage but left registry keys and a server still on
the system. By the way don't think about install OpenManager after
remapping drives because it won't install without a C:\temp directory.

My plan now is to rebuild server (installing now) and use DSet (Dset is
supposed to work on remapped drives) and array manager.

That's my pain for the day...

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator