[THIN] Re: FW: slow session/latency?

  • From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 23:53:55 +1000

Hi

No VPN, simply across the Internet..

Thanks

Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 07:56:38 -0400
Subject: [THIN] Re: FW: slow session/latency?
From: strangedog@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is the traffic inside a VPN or just running across the internet?
On Apr 8, 2015 7:20 AM, "marcus" <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hej Angela,

latency counts double in RDP and related technologies.

Said that, explained with an example:

Action : Indian user klicks mouse > 150 ms > On Server

Reaction : Server > 150 ms > Reaction to mouseclick on Indian users Screen

Ways to work around?

Maybe SpeedScreen Latency Reduction is an option.

Another option is to shorten the distance between User and Server

- by building a new (small) farm, include as own zone into the

existing structure

- by relocating the whole farm (guess that's unlikely)

hth, Marcus

On 08.04.2015 07:12, Angela wrote:

Sorry wrong ping details sent..

Ping xxxxxxxx [xxx.x.x,xxx] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=157ms TTL=122

Ping statistics for xxx.x.x,xxx:

Minimum = 157ms, Maximum = 157s, Average = 157ms

From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: slow session/latency?

Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 14:54:59 +1000

Hi

Running a 6 x Server XenApp 6.5 farm. I've got users connecting in from

India and they are complaining about performance being slow. Slow

saving documents and slow screen refreshes. The Citrix Server and

Windows File Server are in our main site in Australia so there is no WAN

traversing.. My gut feel is that its simply a latency issue but was

hoping for some suggestions for troubleshooting.. Here is the ping

response from India client to Citrix Server:

Pinging xxxxxxxx [xxx.x.x,xxx] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122

Reply from xxx.x.x,xxx: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=122

Ping statistics for xxx.x.x,xxx:

Minimum = 157ms, Maximum = 157s, Average = 157ms

I've deleted the users profile and they are running the latest ICA

Client.. Any other ideas for troublshooting?

Thanks

Ang

From: drooney57@xxxxxxxxx

To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx